Sunday, July 17, 2011

Animals

C'mon people. It's Timon (AKA the Meerkat).
Everybody loves Timon.
   ANIMALS. One of my favorite things on the planet, animals captivated my imagination when I was younger. I would draw them, act like they were my pets, and I would constantly ask to everyone I met, "What IS your FAVORITE animal?" You could say I was obsessed. The Animal Planet channel was MY channel. If you wanted to know something about an animal, I was your go-to-guy (Elephants were my specialty). While at the zoo, my parents didn't even think about asking if I wanted to head on home...they knew the answer--"NO."
   I seriously love animals (which sometimes stinks, because I'm allergic to most of them). As long as they don't try to kill me, I'll give them a big bear hug (Get it? "Bear"? Animals? Okay, sorry. Moving on). And just to think, God created them. He thought and knew of all the types, kingdoms, and species of animals. How they all would look. How and where each would live in (Woods, oceans, plains, etc.). And He did all of this...In a day. Okay, okay. Yes, He did split up the ocean animals and birds apart from the land animals, BUT STILL. That's a LOT of animals. Such amazing creativity in such a short amount of time. 
   Anyways, enough of me talking. Time for pictures.
My second favorite animal: the Cheetah.
If you don't know what animal this is...oh boy. Peacock.
Some type of lizard, whose name I am forgetting.
   Now, am I going to be completely cliché and ask, "What is your favorite type of animal?" *head desk* I can't resist. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF ANIMAL?
   And yes, I do realize that this post is quite EXTREMELY random. But oh well. That's how I roll.

4 comments:

  1. When I was at the zoo with Melbs and her clan, I discovered a new favorite animal of mine. It's called a giant elephant rat. It's just so cute! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bear hug!" Hahaha! I'm serious, okay. Sometimes puns can be so bad they're actually hilarious.

    I love this post. It's not random at all. You're SUPPOSED to blog about what you love, and I also love animals. Basically, I have to say that my favorite animal is the cat. You probably guessed that already, but I also truly love dogs and mice (even if they do steal food and spread disease) and octopuses and birds and deer and cows and piggies (piggys?) and, oh, TIGERS and just about any other animal you could name, even most insects. I do hate mosquitoes and earwigs, and I've been ambivalent about horses since my dad's horse bit me, but she's still pretty and all. But what's YOUR favorite animal, Myles? You never said.

    I understand how it stinks to be allergic to animals. I'm allergic to cats, my favorite. However, it seems I've grown somewhat immune to it since the kittens were born and we were up to our necks in cat hair.

    The pics look wonderfully professional, btw. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gah! Cool pictures!! How did you get that close to a Cheetah? I want to visit Nevada to see a rainbow lizard!

    ReplyDelete